What Is Quality Content And Why Is It Important In SEO
You may wonder: Does my website need quality content? Will it bring me views and subscribers if I publish good, engaging articles on a regular basis?
The answer to this question is most certainly yes.
Content marketing has become one of the most effective ways to attract new users and subscribers for countless websites.
This article explains what search engine optimization is and what elements contribute to its effectiveness when writing an article or blog post.
We also talk about tactics you can employ when writing your own blog posts with the purpose of increasing traffic, visitors, and ranking in Google searches.
What Is Quality Content in SEO?
Quality content in SEO is content that is written to target a specific keyword phrase.
It is content written so that it provides readers with high value information on the subject matter you are writing about.
Quality content is often referred to as "evergreen" content because it stays relevant for potentially years, even decades after it was first published.
This means that the more traffic your site gets, the more people who find your website through searches will continue to find your website when they search for related keywords.
However, quality isn't always what brings people back to your site again and again if they've found another site with similar or better information on their initial search.
Quality content needs to be written with both users AND search engines in mind.
Why Is Quality Content Important For Search Engine Optimization?
Because "quality content" is not just about what your readers want but also about what search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo! are looking for when they crawl the net for websites to put on their SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages).
If you've ever noticed that some searches produce thousands of results, while other searches only produce a few dozen or so results - this is because search engines choose which pages to show in the SERPs based on an algorithm.
This algorithm uses certain criteria to determine web page quality and relevance to the user's search query.
Why Is Quality Content Important For Users?
The obvious answer here is that users obviously want high-quality content if it wasn't important they wouldn't be looking for it.
But what does high-quality content really mean? To a user, quality content is interactive, easy to read and appealing to the senses of sight and sound.
For example, readers want their online reading experience to not only be informative or entertaining but both - which makes video or GIFs a fun way to include multimedia in your posts while keeping them engaging and information-rich.
Why Is Quality Content Important For Search Engines?
Search engines typically only reward websites who publish original, well-researched articles about trending news stories when they rank in search engine results pages (SERPs).
Although all webmasters know that producing content is important regardless of how popular or relevant it may seem in that moment, they also know that it is the quality of the content that really matters most.
Well-researched and thorough articles that break down trending news stories into dozens of informative subtopics for readers to explore typically outrank general news stories with only a few sentences worth of information - because generally speaking, more detailed and accurate information about trending topics is what searchers want and need.
What Makes Quality Content Useful
Writing useful content means you should write blog posts your target audience will find helpful.
This doesn't mean writing sales copy or anything like that; instead, it means writing the kind of relevant content that will solve your reader's immediate problem.
Show your readers how to do something (like paint their nails).
Writing about issues that relate directly to the kind of product you sell is also a good tactic.
For example, if you own an online retail store selling women's shoes - writing blog posts about buying winter boots so customers know what to look for when they're browsing through your site would be helpful and appropriate content.
What Content Should You Share On Social Media?
Social media is where users go to get and share information, just like they do in search engines.
Because of this, it is important that high-quality content is shared on social media channels.
If you want to increase your website's visibility and drive the right kind of traffic that will convert into new customers, then sharing high-quality content is a must.
Of course, if you're only interested in making money without providing any real value to users, then publishing clickbait articles on social media would be your best bet - but we doubt this is why you've landed on this page!
How To Produce High Quality Content:
As we mentioned earlier in the article, quality content needs to be written with both users AND search engines in mind.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a process of making your website search engine friendly.
Since Google changes its algorithms almost everyday, it's important to stay updated with the latest trends and techniques that work well in the search results.
Quality content has always been one of the core principles in SEO and it will continue to be for a long time.
The reason why we say this because over 80% of all web traffic nowadays comes from organic searches through Google, Bing or any other search engine you prefer.
But how do you know if your content is good enough? Here are some things to take note:
1. Your website should add real value to users - when people come across your website, they should find some useful information that they don't know of thus creating a reason for them to visit it.
2. Google has already defined the true meaning of quality content - it's all about answering questions, helping your users and avoiding any type of blackhat SEO techniques.
3. Content should be unique - remember that "content is king" so never try to copy someone else's work because you will just end up with no traffic coming in whatsoever.
4. Use at least 300 words - this might sound like too much but most online readers won't bother reading through small chunks of texts especially if there are images or videos present on your page as well.
You can use shorter paragraphs but make sure not to push it further than 100 words as this will make your page look spammy.
5. Use as few ads as you can - having too many ads inside a page might hurt its quality and even give it a bad user experience which is something that Google doesn't want to see on its search results.
6. Make the text easy to read - use simple words, bold keywords and high-quality images but don't just keep adding all of them just for the sake of looking good in Google's eyes because it will only be a waist of time if you have nothing else going on with your content.
7. Page loading speed should be around 2 seconds - if people are not patient enough to wait until they reach the bottom of your webpage then what makes you think they will even bother to visit your site again?
Slow page loading speed can result in higher bounce rates which are terrible for SEO.
8. Avoid keyword stuffing - it's one of the oldest methods used by people who want fast results but end up getting banned or penalized by Google because that's simply not how SEO works.
Always use words that are relevant to your topics and stay away from anything spammy.
9. Create fresh content on a regular basis - this advice applies everywhere since users tend to visit websites with updated contents more often than those with outdated pages or newsfeeds.
For example, you can create a weekly roundup post where you summarize the most important things that happened in the industry and add some links back to reputable sources like blogs or news websites for more details.
10. Don't be afraid to experiment - remember that the internet is a big playground where you can test new types of content in order to increase your chances of ranking higher in search engines.
Just make sure they are actually relevant to your niche and the rest will come naturally overtime.
Remember that quality content will not only help with SEO but it's also something that Google loves so try to stick with these best practices if you want to see positive results over time.
In this article, we have provided a brief idea on what quality content is in SEO.
As seen from the article, quality content should add real value to users - add useful information that they don't know of thus creating a reason for them to visit it.
Google has already defined the true meaning of quality content - it's all about answering questions, helping your users and avoiding blackhat SEO techniques while also providing user experience.