Skip to main content


Showing posts with the label Cyber Insurance

How to Sell Cyber Insurance: The Different Types of Licenses You Need

When it comes to selling cyber insurance, you need to make sure that you are qualified and have the correct licenses to do so. Here are some different kinds of licenses you may need when it comes to selling cyber insurance and what they mean in terms of your ability to sell cyber insurance policies in the United States. What is a Producer License? A producer license is a type of license that allows a person or company to sell, solicit, or negotiate insurance policies and products. In order to obtain a producer license, an individual must pass a state-approved licensing exam and have the necessary qualifications to become an insurance agent. In order to sell cyber insurance, an individual needs to obtain a producer license for the specific state in which they plan to conduct business. It is important to note that most states require an individual to obtain a producer license in order to solicit or negotiate any type of insurance policy, not just cyber insurance. In addition to the state